GOOD/Corps is GOOD’s social innovation consultancy that partners with leading brands, foundations and nonprofits to surface and manifest world-changing shared value opportunities. Their work ranges from creating high level social impact strategy to designing and launching highly participatory social programs. Learn more about them here.
The Position: Strategist
As a Strategist at GOOD/Corps you’ll leverage the depth of your expertise to generate big, meaningful ideas. A systems thinker and pragmatic idealist, you’ll lead research, synthesize insights, and paint a compelling picture of success for GOOD/Corps’ clients. This role requires a blend of real-world experience across sectors, analytical insight, entrepreneurial skill, and business acumen. Demonstrated expertise in spearheading strategic projects with both rigor and creativity is a must.
This position is based out of Los Angeles or New York City, with regular travel to LA.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Leading content generation, from research to ideation to strategic recommendations, challenging assumptions and shaping the project vision to a fine point.
- Collaborating with the Project Lead to structure the content generation process in the most powerful and efficient manner possible, bringing leading edge tools and techniques to bear.
- Working with Associate Strategists to surface the most relevant inputs for inspired work.
- Translating great conceptual ideas into actionable, “real-world” strategies that lead to meaningful outcomes for GOOD/Corps’ clients and our world.
- Communicating the project vision clearly and persuasively in decks and other client output.
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of the social impact and the social innovation space; elevating internal and external conversations with relevant inspiration and insightful questions.
- Collaborating with your team and client in bringing the project vision to life.
- Contributing to the scoping and pricing of future work as needed.
You will have these essential attributes…
Strategic: Draws sharp insights and turns them into tangible recommendations.
Creative: Consistently generates new ideas and connections to create solutions beyond what exists today.
Social Impact Driven: Champions a shared value philosophy to project results.
Entrepreneurial: Drives new ideas and work forward.
Organized / Detail-Oriented: Brings the highest order of attentiveness to all work.
We’re looking for…
- Someone with 5-10 years of client services, management consulting, social impact consulting, design thinking agency experience. Entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs are also welcome to apply.
- Someone with expertise in 1-2 relevant areas (social impact, HCD, business strategy, etc.).
- Someone with a demonstrated commitment to and/or past work experience in the social impact space.
- Someone with strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with a group, independently, and with stakeholders of diverse backgrounds.
- Someone with strong project management and analytical skills; a demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Someone who is able to earn influence without authority; attracts and retains talented people.
- Someone with the desire to do excellent work and have fun doing it.
Bonus if you are...
- Someone with international expertise and/or work experience abroad.
- Someone with passions outside of work. The GOOD/Corps team consists of mathematicians, chefs, entrepreneurs, and social innovators, and they thrive off the energy that’s created when diverse minds come together.
How will we know you’re the right person for the job?
Please complete the following application. These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter; please take your time on them and copy in your answers from a separate document.
If you are chosen as a finalist, you will be interviewed by ReWork and GOOD/Corps staff. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
What happens if you’re selected?
You’ll be invited to join GOOD/Corps as a Strategist. The start date is negotiable. You’ll receive a competitive salary depending on your level of experience. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email Abe Taleb: abe.taleb[at]rework.jobs. We look forward to reading your application!