We build the financial health of Americans by equipping youth and young adults to believe in themselves, navigate the financial decisions of adulthood, and achieve financial independence. Our innovative model--combining high-touch mentorship with high-tech digital tools--gets young people excited about making smart financial decisions and starts them down the path toward economic success.
Moneythink operates 26 volunteer chapters in 17 states across the country, since its inception in 2009 Moneythink has brought financial mentorship to over 12,000 low income young adults. Called “one of our nation’s best new ideas for social innovation,” by President Obama, Moneythink has been lauded as the emerging leader in youth financial education.
- Funders include: J.P. Morgan Chase, American Express, Citi Community Development, PIMCO, PwC, Ariel Investments, the Center for Financial Services Innovation, and more.
- Recognition includes: 2015 “20 Fintech Companies to Watch”, 2014 Echoing Green Finalist, 2013 Hitachi Foundation Winner, 2013 MassChallenge Winner, 2012 White House Champion of Change; also, our CEO was named to the 2015 Forbes 30 Under 30 list and appointed to the U.S. President’s Advisory Council on Financial Capability for Young Americans.
About the Opportunity - Vice President, Operations
In this role, you have an incredible opportunity to pioneer and scale up the first successful financial education intervention that drives concrete behavioral results.
From Day One, you will deeply immerse yourself into Moneythink. You will work closely with our founder and CEO--acting as partner-in-crime--to drive our team to strategically innovate and build upon our current organization processes and systems. The two of you will not skip a beat and your mission will be to make organization-wide decisions together and to push our team forward in sync.
You’ll dive in to absorb all the inner workings of the company to fully understand the current team, how the organization structure has evolved over time, and how our strategic goals influence priorities. Using your experience and expertise, you will then shift into action to create a vision for how Moneythink will shift structure, reorganize, and reprioritize in order to continue to grow our reach and improve our product at the pace required to hit our strategic goals.
You’ll be into the details and meticulously on top of things. You’ll stay incredibly organized with various competing priorities. As a natural planner, you will keep our team committed to timelines and trackable outcomes, balancing efficiency with strategy.
What You’ll Do:
- Create a vision for our internal operations including organization-wide systems, processes, and team structure.
- Lead the successful design and implementation of new systems and processes to maximize our overarching strategy and day-to-day operational needs.
- Understand the current team structure, identify gaps, and develop an improved, more efficient team structure.
- Reorganize and reprioritize needs based on importance, urgency, and bandwidth of the team.
Core Leadership & Thought Leadership
- Collaborate with the CEO by discussing and making key organization-wide decisions.
- Oversee the day to day work and ensure that all our team members have the tools they need to flourish in their work.
- Manage multiple programmatic and product-focused team members.
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and within the mission and values of Moneythink.
- Step in for the CEO when called upon to represent the organization externally (25% travel).
What You Bring:
- Hustle. You’re ready to hit the ground running as we continue to grow in numbers, as well as scale our work. You’re constantly looking for ways for your domain to add to our mission and you’re always looking for more effective ways to collaborate with your teammates. You chart your own path to success, you create your own structure to keep yourself on track, and you’re comfortable adapting your plan within an environment of ambiguity.
- 5-10 Years of Street Cred. You’ve ‘been around the block’ and are seasoned in organization development, operations, designing and implementing procedures and processes, etc. Ideally you’ve thrived in an entrepreneurial environment and have experience developing new systems, and cultivating a team at a critical point in an organization's expansion.
- Adaptability & Flexibility. You can handle any curveball, and in fact, you expect them. You’re strategic yet have the ability to pivot quickly as priorities shift and the team continues to take shape.
- Active Listening & Trusted Communication. You can easily connect with people, can quickly earn trust from your team, and strive to ensure that team members feel heard.
- Mission-Alignment. You are deeply passionate about our mission, and can articulate why. You believe in the power of financial capability and mentorship to build a better future.
- Tech Savviness. You are fascinated by technology! Your curiosity leads you to intuitively navigate your way through any new device set in your hands. You believe in the power of technology to change lives at scale.
- Humble Leadership. You’re an approachable, active listener who inspires trust and confidence from others. Your ego is secondary; you lead by example, embodying the notion of personal responsibility and encouraging others to build-on your ideas, challenging them and expanding them.
- Strategic Decision-Making. You thrive in a rapid-growth environment where you can press forward quickly with big ideas, though you understand this often requires recognizing when it is required to take a step back and create proactive strategic plans that empower your team members. This role isn’t for the meek; we want excitement, not reluctance when a big decision needs to be made or you’re asked to make a tough call.
Compensation and Office Location:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage partially company-funded for employees. Family coverage also available.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
- Flexible remote work policy.
- Budget for courses, conferences, and other professional development opportunities.
- Location: Moneythink’s Chicago office, with up to 25% work travel for partner management and occasional representation to non-program external audiences.
TO APPLY NOW, drop your resume on this page and stay tuned for further info.
TO EMAIL US ANY QUESTIONS, email us at talent[at]rework.jobs.